Categorized | FAQs

Instructor FAQ

I want to start a career in teaching adults, where do I begin?
To start off your career in teaching the first entry course would be the PTLLS Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector.

Which qualifications do I need to be able to teach the SIA courses I am interested in, for example Door Supervision?
You must have obtained the PTLLS Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector qualification  and  the 1886 Certificate for Deliverers of Conflict Management Training or equivalent.

What do the numbers (7302, 6302 etc) mean?
The numbers are just the numbering system used by City and Guilds. The current entry level teacher training qualification is the 7302 Certifical in the PTLLS. More information on the courses and numbering system can be found on the City and Guilds website.

Why do I need a Physical Intervention award?
If you desire to teach Physical Intervention Training in the Private Security Industry you will need this qualification.

How long is the Physical Intervention training course?
Three or four days (Level 3 Award)

Does Security Training Solutions ltd offer the Physical Intervention training course?
Yes, we offer this course at our training centres in London

I want individual attention from tutors in the Physical Intervention course, how big are the classes?
Our classes are kept small to allow tutors to provide the attention that candidates require.

How dangerous are the Physical Intervention training classes?
The course only teaches the safest techniques and does not involve any harmful methods such as striking. The training is supervised by the trainers at all times and risk assessment is crucial for the course.

Leave a Reply

February 2021

On-site Training

If you prefer to receive quality training on your own premises, then we can accommodate you with our in-house training courses. We provide specialist courses that suit your requirements to train your employees on your grounds. More details...

  In Partnership with: